Moving forward

Monday, March 19th, 2007

Home inspection brought up ZERO issues thank goodness, so our sales price was set and the appraisal was done last week. I think that must have been fine too as we didn't hear that the house was overvalued or anything. :)

To recap other things last week: We were supposed to get into the house on Monday, but the sellers were still there clearing it out as of Tuesday afternoon. I planned on deep cleaning Monday night, so that obviously didn't happen. HOWEVER, our TOTALLY AWESOME FABULOUS realtor offered to pay for his friend's cleaning service to come in at his expense!!

The cleaning crew spend a good 20-man hours between a few different ladies busting it out and finished up Thursday night. I stopped over while they were cleaning one day and the girl was like having an aerobic workout routine with soap and bleach on the fridge. The lazy side of myself about had a 'gasm of happiness. That could've been ME! The horror! :) I was really glad they were going all out. They even removed the faucet handles and cleaned inside, washed the walls, etc. This will help Jeremy's allergies tremendously too as he has trouble with dust and kitties (they had a kitty in there for the last month).

Anyway, we basically didn't do anything in the new house last week as to stay out of the cleaning crew's way. The bathroom plumbing is jacked up though. There is some major clog up in the bathroom pipe and the toilet takes like 30 seconds of holding the handle down to flush and it, and the tub doesn't drain well either. The toilet was all backed up when I got there Friday night with old pewp... We hope the sewer isn't all trashed and it was just a cleaning person ignoring the "toilet not flushing" sign I put up. I spend about 20 minutes with a plunger and it wasn't helping and was geee-ross!

The sewer line is old and we had it inspected with a camera, and it was supposed to be OK for now, but needs to be replaced at some point. Jeremy bought a pipe snake, hopefully he can move out the clog himself. I'm having a plumber come by on Tuesday for an estimate to replace all the plumbing with copper anyway, so we'll see.

We busted out some major packing this weekend. We filled the POD up with the majority of the stuff we'll be putting in storage for the next few months. We're probably about 50% done with packing up the rest of the house stuff, and hopefully a couple more nights next week we'll be ready. Our friends offered to help us with the U-haul pack and unpack next Saturday.

Oh and lastly, I took Max to the vet on Tuesday and he got a full kitty workup. It turns out he had been neutered, so he was likely an abandoned pet kitty by a previous owner in the neighborhood. He didn't have any diseases thank goodness, and I got all his vaccinations up to date. No fleas, mites or anything like that either. I also got him microchipped and pedicured as he had monster nails. I need to find a good collar for him as he already got the cute star one I got him off and lost. :(